I have decided I need to have a well stocked sock drawer.
So far I’ve got two pairs. And another three cast on. Plus a drawer full of sock yarn.
The finished socks:
The first pair was a bit of an experience. I started knitting it a while ago and the first sock was knitted on wooden 3mm DPNs. When I got to knit the second sock, I couldn’t find the wooden needles so continued knitting the second sock on metal (Knit Pro Zing) needles, also 3mm. The first sock turned out a lot looser than the first one! Lesson learnt. I had to reknit the looser sock and now they are a perfectly matching pair (apart from the pattern). Yarn is WYS in wood pigeon.
I have just finished the second pair, which I knitted top down, using Fish Lips Kiss Heel method for the heel. As for the toe, I just decreased it normally without using short rows. This was my first try at Fish Lips Kiss Heel, and even though I like how it turned out I didn’t enjoy the process as much as I hoped I would, so I think I will just stick with german short row heels from now on.
And even though I have got plenty of yarn left to knit a few more pairs of similar looking socks, I am going to move on to the next yarn for now, simply because I can’t wait to cast on with this beautiful hand-painted yarn from Hedgerow Yarns
This past weekend we went to Northamptonshire to visit our friends who just had a baby and who I knitted the baby blanket for a month or so ago. I also added a pair of booties and a hat to make it more of a set. They seemed really pleased with the gift which in turn made my cold knitter’s heart melt 🙂
And a bunch of flowers to go with the baby gift, for the mother.
In the flower photo above you can just about see my new top. I knitted it with cotton and wool yarn, which made for a lovely summery fabric. The pattern is Catchfly from PomPom Quarterly
Another top, that I have recently made, crocheted to be exact, only took a couple of days!
Yarn is a blend of alpaca and cotton. The pattern is called Stamford Pullover, although I have modified it somewhat, by removing quite a few lace holes and shortening the sleeves to make it summer friendly.
And now I am going back to knitting some more bunny beds, which is fun too!
And, as before, and turning it into a tradition, I am finishing the post with a few flower pictures. Two on the left were taken at the Restoration House Restoration House in Rochester. The picture on the right – one of my floral arrangement attempts.